- PII, as described in US Privacy Law and Information Security, is information that can be used on its own, with other information to identify, contact, locate a single person or to identify an individual in context.
What Personal Information Do We Collect from the Visitors Who Visited our Blog, Website or App?
- We do not collect information from visitors at our website or other details to help you with your experience.
When Do We Collect Personal or General Information?
- We collect personal or general information from our visitors when they started to place an order, on our website, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, use Live Chat, open a Support Ticket or enter any information, provide feedback on our products or services on our website.
How Do We Use Our Visitors’ Information?
We may use the information we collect from our visitors when they register with us, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletters, respond to a survey or marketing communication, browse our website or use specific site’s features in the following ways:
- To personalize our visitors’ experiences and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which our visitors are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve our customers.
- To allow us to better service our customer in responding to any customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site features.
- To send periodic emails regarding our customers’ orders or other products and services.
- To follow up with our customers after correspondences (Live Chat, email or phone inquiries).
How do We Protect our Visitors’ Information?
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and / or scanning to PCI standards.
We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
- Our customers’ personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive / credit information our customers provided are encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We have implemented a variety of security measures when a user places an order, input, submit or access their information to maintain the safety of our customers’ personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Unsubscribe and Revocation of Consent
- If our customers wish to unsubscribe to the processing of their Personal Data for additional purposes by us, please click on the link “Unsubscribe” which is embedded in the relevant email in order not to receive further emails to the said subject.
- If our customers wish to revoke the consent that we have obtained from them for the purposes stipulated herein, please notify us by using the contact details stated below.
Do We Use ‘Cookies’?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to their computers’ hard drives through visitors’ web browsers (only if our visitors grant them permission) to enable the website’s or service provider’s systems to recognize visitors’ browsers, capture and remember certain information.
Reasons for Using Cookies on our Website
- To help remember and process the items in our customers’ shopping carts.
- To understand and save our visitors’ preferences for future visits.
- To keep track of advertisements used.
- To compile aggregate data about our website traffic and our website interactions in order to offer better website experiences and tools in the near future. We might also use trusted third-party services to track this information on our behalf.
- Visitors could choose to have their computers to prompt them every single time that a cookie has been sent, or visitors could choose to turn off all cookies. Visitors could activate the prompting via their browsers’ settings. Different platform browsers are different in their own ways, visitors are advised to search from their browsers’ Help section to learn the correct way of modifying their cookies according to their personal preferences.
- Even when the cookies are turned off, our visitors’ browsing experiences on our website would not be affected.
- We assure our visitors and customers that we do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to third parties our their Personally Identifiable Information.
- This does not include website hosting partners and any other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our visitors and customers, so long as those parties agree to keep those information confidential.
- We might also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the Law of the Authorities, enforce on our website policies, or to protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
- However, non-personal identifiable visitors’ information might be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other purposes permitted by our visitors and customers.
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we might include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party websites have separate and independent Privacy Policies. We therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites.
- Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback about those websites.
- Google’s advertising requirements could be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for all visitors. Please refer to link for further information https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
- We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
Do note that the following have been implemented on our Website
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding our visitors’ interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
- Visitors could set preferences on how Google advertises to our visitors using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, visitors could Opt Out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, Note that We Permit the Following
- Visitors could visit our website anonymously.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a Law that sets the rules for commercial emails, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the rights to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect visitors’ and customers’ email addresses in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and / or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to customers’ orders
- Send customers additional information related to their products and / or services.
- Marketing materials to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our customers after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance to CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or website headquarter.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliances, if one has been used.
- Honor Opt Out / unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow visitors to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email sent.
How Does Our Website Handle Do Not Track Signals?
- We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our Website Allow Third-party Behavioral Tracking?
- Do take note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking on our website.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
- When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
- We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Do we let third-parties, including ad networks or plug-ins collect PII from children under 13?
Personal Information from Minors and Other Individuals:
- As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow the minor (individuals under 18 (eighteen) years of age) under their care to submit Personal Data to us. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to us, their parent or legal guardian hereby, consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and personally accepted and agreed to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions.
- In some circumstances, visitors might have provided personal data relating to other individuals (such as their spouse, family members or friends) and in such circumstances, visitors represented and warranted that they are authorized to provide their personal data to us and they have obtained their consent for their personal data be processed and used in the manner as set forth in this Notice.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of Privacy Law in the United States and the concepts they have included played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various Privacy Laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices, we would take the following responsive actions, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify our visitors and / or customers via email within 7 business days.
- We would notify the visitors and / or customers via in-website notification within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires individuals’ rights to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the Law. This principle requires not only the individuals to have the enforceable rights against data users, but also those individuals to have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and / or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
Acknowledgement and Consent
- By communicating with us, using our services, purchasing products from us or by virtue of customers’ engagements with us, customers acknowledged that they have read and understood this Notice and agreed and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by us as described in this Notice.
- We shall have the rights to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Websites. By continuing to communicate with us, by continuing to use our services, purchasing products from us or by customers’ continued engagements with us following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify customers’ acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
- In the event of any conflict between the English and the other language versions, the English version shall prevail.
Our Customers’ Data, Our Customers’ Rights
- Our customers have the rights to be informed of the Personal Data processed by us, a rights to rectification / correction, erasure and restriction of processing. Our customers have the rights to receive from us a structured, common and machine-readable format of the Personal Data that our customers have provided to us.
- We can only identify our customers via their email addresses and we can only adhere to our customers’ request and provide information if we have the Personal Data about our customers through their contact with us and / or when our customers use our site and / or service. We cannot provide, rectify or delete any data that we store on behalf of our users or customers.
- Where our customers have provided consent, they may withdraw it at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing that was carried out prior to withdrawing it. Whenever our customers withdraw their consent, they acknowledged and accepted that this might have a negative influence on the quality of our Site and/or Services. You further agree that we shall not be held liable with respect to any loss and/or damage to your Personal Data if you choose to withdraw consent.
- Where Personal Data is processed for the above purposes on the basis of our legitimate interests, under the GDPR, you may object to such processing at any time. To do so please contact : Contact Us Page.
- In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
Duration of Processing
We will store our customers’ usage data until such time when our customers have withdrawn their consent for us to do so. All other data as specified above will be retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may also retain information as required by the Law.
Contact Us Page
Last Edited on 18 March 2021 0500 hours